Little Sutton Primary School is closed from Monday 23rd March, except for children of key workers.
Information for Key Workers
The school will be open from Monday 23rd March for the children of key workers only. For further information please see the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational- provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
The Education Secretary has made it clear that the offer of sending children to school should only be taken up as a last resort:
“The principle is that if children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading. The Government is asking parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible – schools will remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.”
“If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be as the fewer children making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society.”
Please note that key workers should only send their child on the days that they are working.
If parents are key workers, but one of the parents is working from home, then their child should stay at home with them. This will enable our school to have the capacity to provide childcare for those that most need it; reduce the risk of spreading the virus and help protect the people who are in the most critically important jobs, including the school staff.
Our arrangements will be as follows:
- School will open from 8.45am, please drop your child off between 8.45am and 9am
- Parents should bring Reception and KS1 children to the Key Stage 1 hall door and KS2 to the Junior door
- School will close at 3.30pm for KS1 and at 3.35pm for KS2
- Children should be collected from the same locations as the morning drop off
- Please wait on the school playgrounds and observe the social distancing guidelines of 2 metres
- Please note the entrance and exit will be through the front gates, the back gate will remain closed
- Children should come to school in school uniform
- Children will need to bring their learning folders back to school on each day they attend
Please continue to check the schools website for the latest updates.
Thank you for continued support.