Dear Year Three,
We hope you are all well and looking forward to having a break from all your hard work over Half Term! Please find attached an updated grid of home learning activities to support you this coming week and for the week after Half Term. We will be posting a new Maths update straight after Half Term.
Each day make sure you have completed from the pack of work or the links/details we have provided in the attached table:
• At least one maths activity
• A session on TT Rockstars – we are looking at the x6 and 8 tables for next week but you can also re-cap those we have already learnt so far this year. Don’t forget that we are now in a competition with other LTE schools – help us win by accessing daily and doing your best to recall you TT facts as fast and accurately as you can!
• A grammar/punctuation/writing/comprehension activity from the attached Headstart Y3 pack (see table below).
• 30 minutes reading.
• Spellings. Ask someone at home to test you on your spellings from last week then practise your new ones which are on spellanywhere. Try and focus on five to really learn and memorise. Remember to look out for the tricky bits and try and come up with a good way to remember them (for example, rainbow writing, pyramid writing, shape around the word, highlighting double consonants or drawing pictures).
• PE – Remember to keep yourself fit and healthy with daily exercise- in school we have been doing the Joe Wick’s routine every morning live at 9am- why not try that it’s great fun or perhaps perfect a Just Dance routine if you prefer.
In addition, BBC Bitesize are offering daily lessons in English, Maths, History, Geography and more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Oak National Academy also have daily lessons which are being updated regularly:
• Literacy – complete our unit on Pablo Picasso. This week, use the example biography of Roald Dahl to help you write about Pablo, using the facts you gathered last week!
• Science – continue our new topic all about Light. Complete lesson 2 this week.
• Art – enter the world record breaking attempt next week for the largest online Art lesson!
• Remember to access Education City, Bug Club and My Maths.
• Geography – we will be continuing our unit of work based on Europe which will run over this half term. The resource pack you will need for this is attached. Please complete up to lesson 5 over the next 2 weeks.
Class blog – Please go onto Purple Mash and let us know what you have been up to at home, or ask any questions you may have. You can find the blog at:
Purple mash – select sharing from the main toolbar – shared blogs – Year 3 blog.
Remember there is a timetable for the week that you can use help you organise your day in your pack.
Any queries, please contact us on:
Mrs Wilson’s maths group – email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon – we miss you! We will be providing another update week commencing 2nd June.
The Year Three Team