Dear Year Three,
Please find attached the gird of activities to support you over the final week of the Summer term.
Each day make sure you have completed from the pack of work or the links/details we have provided in the attached table:
- At least one maths activity – we will now be following White Rose/BBC Bitesize for the rest of this term.
- A session on TT Rockstars – we are looking at the x11 and 12 tables for next week but you can also re-cap those we have already learnt so far this year.
- A grammar/punctuation/writing/comprehension activity (see table below).
- 30 minutes reading.
- Spellings. Ask someone at home to test you on your spellings from last week then practise any that you have found particularly difficult to remember from this year.
- PE – Remember to keep yourself fit and healthy with daily exercise- in school we have been doing the Joe Wick’s routine every morning live at 9am- why not try that it’s great fun or perhaps perfect a Just Dance routine if you prefer. If you haven’t done so already, sign up for the Birmingham Schools Virtual fitness challenge!
In addition, BBC Bitesize are offering daily lessons in English, Maths, History, Geography and more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Oak National Academy also have daily lessons which are being updated regularly:
- Literacy – finish our literacy unit based on Journey through the Jungle!
- RE – Find out about the life and influence of Martin Luther King.
- Science – continue our unit based on Rocks and Fossils. Complete lesson 4 this week.
- Remember to access Education City, Bug Club and My Maths.
Class blog – Please go onto Purple Mash and let us know what you have been up to at home, or ask any questions you may have. You can find the blog at:
Purple mash – select sharing from the main toolbar – shared blogs – Year 3 blog.
Remember there is a timetable for the week that you can use help you organise your day in your pack.
Any queries, please contact us on:
Mrs Wilson’s maths group – firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to you all, parents and children, for your hard work and determination to keep up with your learning during this difficult time. We are so sorry not to have been able to say goodbye in person but our very best wishes go to you all for a wonderful, well-earned summer break. We have really enjoyed teaching you and look forward to seeing you around school in September!
The Year Three Team