Little Sutton Primary School is proud to be a member of The Learning Trust for Excellence. The Trust consists of seven schools who share a common set of values and principles and a common purpose – a commitment to further improving the learning of children across our family of schools. By developing an ethos of co-operation and local democracy the Trust is inclusive, community focused and centred on working together to raise levels of achievement and aspirations for children, young people and their families.
The Trust have a number of partners, the Co-operative College, two universities, Birmingham City University, the University College Birmingham, the Schools of King Edwards V1 in Birmingham and the rotary Club, Sutton Coldfield. Together with our partners we aim to deliver excellence in learning and education for our schools and the wider community. To be stronger together utilising the power of collaboration.
The co-operative values are:
- Self-Help: Being willing to help oneself and not just rely on others to assist you.
- Self-Responsibility: Being able to act or decide on your own and then handle the consequences.
- Equity: When things are fair, reasonable and impartial. When justice is seen to be done.
- Equality: When everyone gets an equal share, chance or opportunity.
- Solidarity: Sticking together and working as a team. Supporting each other with strengths.
- Democracy: A system where everyone gets a say, everyone’s voice is heard and everyone’s opinion counts.
The key aims of our Trust are to inspire excellence by:
- Continually striving to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Furthering aspirations amongst all members of the learning community.
- Harnessing resources efficiently in the interests of excellent outcomes for all.
- Promoting and sustaining the well being of all concerned to enable enjoyable and effective learning.
The seven schools are:
Coppice Primary School
Hollyfield Primary School
Little Sutton Primary School
Four Oaks Primary School
Edge Hill Road
Moor Hall Primary School
Whitehouse Common Primary School