Little Sutton Primary School Year 4 Curriculum Plan
Welcome back to another year at Little Sutton Primary School. We hope that you enjoyed the summer holidays and we look forward to working with you and your child this year.
These curriculum notes are intended to give you an idea of the topics your child will be studying during the Autumn term. We have also written a reminder with regards to dinner money, medication and equipment needed in school. Details with regards to homework are also included.
We hope that these notes will enable you to support your child with the work they are carrying out at school by providing them with opportunities to extend their knowledge of the subjects. We would also appreciate you supporting them to complete homework to a high standard and return it on time as well as ensuring they have all the equipment they will need.
Below is an overview of all the subjects and topics your child will be covering in the Autumn term.
Number and place value
Addition and subtraction
Multiplication and division
Geometry and shape
Please note there will be a maths workshop for parents in November and further details will be sent out when the date has been confirmed.
The digestive system, habitats, food chains and webs, classifying animals.
Rivers and mountains in the UK and the world – location, formation, features, conditions, human impact.
Please note there will be a rivers trip in the first half term and further details will be sent out when the date has been confirmed.
Drawing and painting using a range of materials- portraits, Rangoli patterns, Christmas related artwork.
Creating models linked to science and geography.
PE will be on Tuesday and Friday and the focus for this term will be on invasion and competitive games. Aston Villa coaches will be taking some of the activities on Fridays.
Children in Y4 will be learning the flute throughout the year. We will also be singing in a unit relating to Mamma Mia and in preparation for our Christmas performance.
Being reflective & self critical
Being curious & valuing knowledge
Pencils & ruler
- Homework can be found on the school website as well as in homework diaries.
- There will be 1 hour minimum / 1 ½ hours maximum per week.
- Please initial in the right column of the homework diary when the homework has been completed and sign at the bottom each week. Diaries will be checked and signed on Monday.
- Spellings and times tables will be tested and given out on Monday.
- Weekly Maths Passport practice. Maths and English homework may be in the form of a sheet or ICT based and will be given out on Monday and is due for the following Monday.
- All children need to read three times a week (a reading stage book or book of their choice if they have finished all of the stages). Reading needs to be recorded and signed by parents in their reading diaries which will also be checked on Mondays.
Will be confirmed ASAP.
Dinner Trips/ Clubs money etc
Dinner Money is £11.25 per week and should be paid for on ParentPay Details for trips and clubs etc are sent out separately but will generally be paid for through ParentPay unless otherwise specified. If you do not have access to ParentPay yet please ask for details of Parentpay at the office otherwise, send correct amount by cheque or cash in a named envelope. .
Please ensure that inhalers and/or relevant medicines are in school and in date.
On Tuesday afternoon while the Y4 staff use time for planning, preparation and assessment, the children will have one hour of music and one hour of French.
Please do not hesitate to contact us about any queries you may have.
Many thanks for your continued support throughout this year,
Miss Peck and Miss Acris.