This week in Year 2, we will be finishing off our habitats topic by thinking about food chains in different habitats.
In Maths we will be working using our knowledge of place value to help us to solve two-digit subtraction and two-digit addition with exchanging.
In English, we will be following and writing instructions (through preparing our own fruit pizzas and breakfast pancakes) and identifying adverbs and imperative verbs. Our ambitious vocabulary is:
- Please practise the spellings and times tables in the back of your red spelling books – tests for these take place on Monday mornings
- Please practise your Maths Passport targets – if you need a new sheet or are not sure what your child’s target is, please ask. Maths Passport tests take place on Wednesday mornings
- Please listen to your child read their reading group books – our reading group focuses are structured as follows: Tuesday, decoding practise; Wednesday, reading with prosody/expression; Thursday, comprehension.
- Please make sure your child’s reading folders are in their bags everyday
- Keep an eye on our twitter page (@littlesub75) and our weekly Newsletter for updates
Year 2 staff; Ms Hawkes and Ms Sanghera.