Christmas Play rehearsals are in full swing in Year 2! The children are doing a fantastic job of learning their lines – please continue to practise these at home as much as possible. Remember to send your child’s costume into school on Monday 29th November ahead of the dress rehearsal and performance the following week, too. Thank you.
This week in Year 2, we will be beginning our History topic on journeys in the past around Birmingham. We will be talking about the importance of Birmingham’s network of canals.
In Maths we will be beginning our topic on money. We will be identifying British currency and combining the totals of coins and notes. To deepen our knowledge further, we will be using our new learning to solve word problems.
In English this week, we will be planning and writing up our Autumnal poems, thinking carefully about expanded noun phrases and similes.
Our vocabulary for the week is:
- Please practise the spellings and times tables in the back of your red spelling books – tests for these take place on Monday mornings – spellings can be practised on School Jotter (please contact your child’s class teacher if you are unable to access School Jotter)
- Please practise your Maths Passport targets – if you need a new sheet or are not sure what your child’s target is, please ask. Maths Passport tests take place on Wednesday mornings
- Please listen to your child read their reading group books – our reading group focuses are structured as follows: Tuesday, decoding practise; Wednesday, reading with prosody/expression; Thursday, comprehension. Please provide a written comment in your child’s reading diary each time you read together.
- Please make sure your child’s reading folders are in their bags everyday
- Keep an eye on our twitter page (@littlesub75) and our weekly Newsletter for updates
Thank you for your continued support.
Year 2 staff; Ms Hawkes and Ms Sanghera.