This week in Year 2
In History, the children will continue their topic on Queens of England. Drawing on their knowledge and using comparison skills, we will be comparing the lives and reigns of Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II.
The children will also be going on a trip to The Black Country Living Museum to learn about what life was like in the Victorian era!
In Maths this week, the children will be drawing on their prior knowledge to answer questions and solve problems using the four mathematical operations..
In English, we will be working on developing our comprehension skills and recalling and applying our knowledge of sentence types.
In PSHE, the children will be discussing what mental health is and how we can improve our mental health.
- Please practise the spellings and times tables in the back of your red spelling books – tests for these take place on Monday mornings – spellings can be practised on School Jotter (please contact your child’s class teacher if you are unable to access School Jotter)
- Please practise your Maths Passport targets – if you need a new sheet or are not sure what your child’s target is, please ask. Maths Passport tests take place on Wednesday mornings
- Please listen to your child read their reading group books – our reading group focuses are structured as follows: Tuesday, decoding practise; Wednesday, reading with prosody/expression; Thursday, comprehension. Please provide a written comment in your child’s reading diary each time you read together (at least 3 times per week)
- Please make sure your child’s reading folders are in their bags everyday
- Keep an eye on our twitter page (@littlesub75) and our weekly Newsletter for updates
- Please remember to keep water bottles out of book bags to avoid any water damage to books
Year 2 staff; Ms Hawkes and Ms Sanghera