This week in Year 2
It is ARTS WEEK! We are so excited to be enjoying a range of activities in Year 2 as part of our whole school Arts Week.
Our focus this year is: Our Beautiful Planet
The children will be thinking about the wonders of our planet, whilst considering the impact of human activity on the natural world around us.
We are lucky enough to be participating a number of art sessions:
- Sea turtle art work using ink based watercolours – by Nicky from Miss Creates
- Under water scene using wax resist – by Mrs Forrester
- Weaving artwork using recyclable materials – with our class teachers
- Making pollinating insects using recyclable materials – by Eco Grow
- Printing workshop – at Walsall Art Gallery
This certainly is a busy week for our Year 2 children! Please remember, we will be holding an ‘Art Exhibition’ displaying all of our wonderful work after school on Thursday.
- Please practise the spellings and times tables in the back of your red spelling books – tests for these take place on Monday mornings – spellings can be practised on School Jotter (please contact your child’s class teacher if you are unable to access School Jotter)
- Please practise your Maths Passport targets – if you need a new sheet or are not sure what your child’s target is, please ask. Maths Passport tests take place on Wednesday mornings
- Please listen to your child read their reading group books – our reading group focuses are structured as follows: Tuesday, decoding practise; Wednesday, reading with prosody/expression; Thursday, comprehension. Please provide a written comment in your child’s reading diary each time you read together (at least 3 times per week)
- Please make sure your child’s reading folders are in their bags everyday
- Keep an eye on our twitter page (@littlesub75) and our weekly Newsletter for updates
- Please remember to keep water bottles out of book bags to avoid any water damage to books
Year 2 staff; Ms Hawkes and Ms Sanghera